PART 3 - OWNERS - (E)27 to (E)92
36. Recognised stud company to act through registered nominee
36.1 For the purposes of these Rules, a Recognised Stud Company may not take any steps in respect of a horse in its ownership unless
- 36.1.1 the company has appointed one or more Persons as nominee to exercise the powers of owner on its behalf,
36.1.2 at least one nominee is approved by the Authority, and
36.1.3 the name of the nominee and the particulars of the horse are registered at The Racing Calendar Office.
36.2 In particular
- 36.2.1 any entry of a horse for a race must be made by the nominee who is registered for that horse or his Authorised Agent, and
36.2.2 a horse may not fulfil any engagement at any time when the Recognised Stud Company has no registered nominee.
36.3 The Authority may refuse to approve a nominee under Paragraph 36.1.2
- 36.3.1 if the Person appointed by the company is a Disqualified Person, or
36.3.2 in such other circumstances as it considers appropriate.
36.4 A registered nominee shall be treated for all purposes of these Rules as if he were the horse's owner and, if there is more than one nominee, each nominee
- 36.4.1 shall be treated as if he were the joint owner of the horse, and
36.4.2 shall be jointly and severally liable for any sums due from the owner under these Rules.