PART 6 - DISCIPLINARY ACTION - (A)52 to (A)75
53. Powers to take Disciplinary Action against a person for contravention of these Rules
53.1 The Authority may take Disciplinary Action against a Person under this Rule if
- 53.1.1 the Authority considers that he is guilty of misconduct, and
53.1.2 the Authority is satisfied that it is appropriate in all the circumstances to take action against him.
53.2 A Person is guilty of misconduct if, while he is subject to these Rules
- 53.2.1 he contravenes a requirement imposed on him by or under these Rules,
53.2.2 any provision of these Rules states that he is taken to have contravened any such requirement, or
53.2.3 any provision of these Rules states that he is liable to Disciplinary Action.
53.3 If the Authority is entitled to take Disciplinary Action against a person under Paragraph 53.1
- 53.3.1 it may impose on him any of the Disciplinary Penalties specified in Rules 54 to 62, and
53.3.2 more than one penalty may be imposed in respect of each contravention of a Rule, including a continuing contravention.
53.4 Where a Rule
- 53.4.1 requires a particular penalty, award, order or sanction, the Authority must comply with the requirement, or
53.4.2 makes provision for the application of any other penalty, award, order or sanction, that provision shall continue to apply notwithstanding that the Authority may have imposed one or more Disciplinary Penalties under Rules 54 to 62.
53.5 If a particular Rule so provides, contravention of the Rule does not give rise to any of the consequences provided for in this Part.
53.6 In Rules 54 to 62 the Offender means a Person against whom the Authority is entitled to take action under this Rule.